|| 10 Most Anticipated 2018 Book Releases ||



2018 is upon us, and you know what that means-- NEW BOOKS. There are soooo many upcoming releases this year that I am positively ecstatic for. The increase of diversity within YA is still going strong, and I'm pumped to see so many different perspectives being shared in this year's releases. It was hard to pick only 10 that I'm excited for. 


But without further ado:

My 10 Most Anticipated 2018 Releases


Let's Talk About LoveA Thousand Perfect NotesLeah on the Offbeat

Let's Talk About Love- Claire Kann
If you've been anywhere near me for the past few months, you've probably heard me screaming about this book. Let's Talk About Love is the first YA book to feature a black, biromantic asexual main character, and I can't even tell you how excited I am for the ace rep in this book. It's rare to find a book that features an asexual side character, let alone one that features an asexual main character that talks about their romantic orientation. I've seen nothing but good reviews being added to Goodreads, and I absolutely cannot wait until this is released at the end of January.

A Thousand Perfect Notes- C.G. Drews
If you somehow haven't heard, the ever-fabulous and wonderfully witty Cait @ Paper Fury is releasing a book into the wild this year!! I absolutely adore Cait + her blog, and I've been dying over her writing since the first time she shared snippets of one of her WIPs. To say I'm excited for this is an understatement. 

Leah On the Offbeat- Becky Albertalli
Hello hi yes my name is Adaline and I would read literally ANYTHING that Becky Albertalli writes. Between this and the Love, Simon movie, it's going to be an amazing year for all of us Albertalli fans. 



From Lukov with LoveThe Apocalypse of Elena MendozaThe Good Luck Charm

From Lukov With Love- Mariana Zapata
I know absolutely nothing about this book except that it's supposedly hate-to-love, and that Mariana Zapata is the BEST when it comes writing slow-burn romances. This releases in February and so far there's no blurb (??). I'm hoping that it features hockey/ice-skating (look at that cover and try to tell me it doesn't hint at one or the other), but I'm excited for whatever the book holds nonetheless. One of my goals this year is to make it through as many Zapata book as I can, and I definitely want to start with this one. 

The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza- Shaun David Hutchinson
It's probably no secret that I love Shaun's books with all my heart. We Are the Ants made me cry, and The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley wins the award for one of the most heartbreaking story-lines I've read. This is the first time Shaun is writing a f/f romance and I'm so excited for this change from his usual m/m romances. 

The Good Luck Charm- Helena Hunting
I'm not gonna lie, the cover for this kind of gives me The Hating Game vibes and that's mostly why I want to read it. But the synopsis does sound fantastic, and it features a hockey player so?? I'm sold.



Monday's Not ComingChildren of Blood and BoneTyler Johnson Was Here

Monday's Not Coming- Tiffany D. Jackson
Can I just take a second to flail excitedly because tHERE ARE SO MANY YA BOOK COVERS WITH POC ON THEM THIS YEAR. I seriously could not be more excited about all the diverse covers we're getting this year, and I absolutely adore every single one. As for Monday's Not Coming-- I read Allegedly by Tiffany last year and it was one of the most eye-opening and shocking books I've read in a while. I was shocked to discover that it was only her debut; her writing and characterization is phenomenal, and I can't wait to read more of her work. 

Children of Blood and Bone- Tomi Adeyemi
Y'ALL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BADLY I NEED THIS ONE. The synopsis for this makes me want to shriek with joy, and the early reviews I've seen have gotten me so excited for this release. 

Tyler Johnson Was Here- Jay Coles 
Can we just,,, appreciate that effing gorgeous cover for a sec,,
I was under the impression that this released sometime late last year and then I realized that it doesn't actually release until like March?? Don't know how I got the release dates mixed up, but I'm super excited for this one to finally come out. I get a lot of The Hate U Give and Dear Martin vibes from the synopsis, and I have a feeling this one will be just as brilliant as those two are. 

Vengeful- V.E. Schwab
I'm not saying I would chop off my leg for this book to be released sooner but like,, yeah I would totally chop of my leg for this to be released before September. Vicious was one of my all-time favorite reads this year and I've been waiting with bated breath for this one ever since I finished it. All I want is for Victor, Sydney, and Mitch to be okay. That's all I need. Knowing V.E., that probably won't happen, but I'm going to remain hopeful anyways.







And there we go! Those are only some of my anticipated releases for 2018, as there's so many fantastic-sounding books coming out this year. I'm definitely going to have to hurry up with the 2017 titles I have so that I can make room...




LET'S CHAT. What are some of your most anticipated book releases for 2018? Any that are on my list? And what 2017 releases do you want to get to this year? TELL ME ALL THE THINGS AND LET'S DISCUSS. 

Comments

  1. I totally can't wait for Vengeful too, the wait has been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEPPP SO MANY GOOD BOOKS! I am so excited for Cait's book and Leah On the Offbeat! <3 I'll definitely have to check out all the others. :)

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANYWAY LOVE SIMON IS COMING OUT THE WEEK OF MY BIRTHDAY I CAN'T THINK OF A BETTER GIFT.

    HAH I am l i t e r a l l y the only person in the blogosphere who doesn't have at least 100 2018 releases I'm dying to read. I am a humble potato farmer who only wants the new Truthwitch novella,,,,,that is all.

    BUT SPEAKING OF 2017 RELEASES. HAVE YOU READ THE WICKER KING YET. BECAUSE G I R L. YOU HAVE TO.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment