//i'm going to do a partially annoying thing//


so.
i know it's been a while.

*insert seven pages of complaining about school here*

i've got a lot of posts i'm working on + things coming up on the blog, so things will be getting better soon.

but what i wanted to talk about was a change.

this blog was originally the halfling writer, when i first started out. i changed it down the line to silhouette to give it a more sophisticated feel. and although it was okay, it was never something that fully felt right. {you know where this is going, don't you?}

i've had just about every social media site that i have linked under one name/url, and that's @notgarycooper. it's a name that nobody is probably ever going to understand, but i think that's what i love about it. it stems from a very old and pretty unknown movie, that i adore with all my heart. i could explain it, but its not really one of those things that you can explain. its just my own little inside joke that i've been linking everything to for a while, and i figured it was finally time to take the last big plunge.

so yes, i'm doing a name change to the blog. but i'm also changing the url as well, and updating everything. the blog will thus become not gary cooper, as will the url. this post is really just a little heads up that things will be changing around, so that nobody flips out when the thehalflingwriter url no longer works. ;)
{i'm not sure when the url will change over exactly-- for a while it may just be the blog name that is different, because my old test blog had the notgarycooper url and i'm not sure how long i have to wait now that i changed it so that i can use it on this blog???}

and while i'm here, i'd just really like to thank all of those of you who have joined me on this little journey. i know i'm schizophrenic at posting at best, and that sometimes i'm a pretty crap blogger, but you're all such lovelies, and i don't know what i'd do without you.

here's to a fresh start. ^-^


{a little thank you to olivia who just changed her blog name/url + showed me that it really wasn't a big deal as i was making it out to be. you gave me that last little push and i'm extremely thankful. i've wanted to do this for a while. <3}

Comments

  1. Yayyyy I love the new blog name! This will be quite exciting :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changes are always wonderful, and exciting. I'm glad you found the perfect fit Adi <3 :)

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you for making this leap, Adi. 👏 It takes a ton of courage to make a change like this and just jump head-first into your next adventure - you go, girl! (*⌒∇⌒*)
    (and I'm so glad I could help ohmygoodness)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as olivia said, i'm so proud of you for making the decision to do what will ultimately make you happier, the courage needed is definitely something i lack and truly admire in you. ^-^ i'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings! i hope it's nothing but smiles and happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adi so good to hear from you dear! :D ooh I love the new name! *tackle hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I have to admit I was a lil' sad about the name change from Halfing Writer, and I'm a lil' sad about the name change from Silhouette, I'm glad that you're giving it another go with Not Gary Cooper! Most of us may not understand the reference, but all that matters is that you do, and that you like it. I think it has a nice humorous touch to it as well. :) Can't wait to see what you come up with here now. Cheers to that fresh new start! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me, I know about changing blog names. XD It takes awhile to find one that really fits, but I'm glad you found yours, Adi!

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the new changes Adaline. <333

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment