Christmas Musings (A Jumbled Thoughts Post)


Does it annoy anybody else when somebody does a Christmas Wish-List post and says,"I want-" instead of, "I wish-" or is it just me that is bugged by this?

I don't know, I just feel like I wish is just a much nicer way to put things. Christmas isn't about the gifts, and I know you've all heard that before, but I mean it.

People in this time forget what we're celebrating, and don't seem to realize what they have. There are people out there who have parents in the military who won't be home for Christmas, and yet people sit here, make Christmas lists, & expect every single freaking thing they have written down.



Now this doesn't apply to any of you who have written a Christmas List post that I've read, so you can calm yourselves down; I'm not drawing you out.

I'm just getting out my jumbled thoughts on the internet.

Where else would I put this stuff? xD

I just felt like I really had to get that off my chest.

*deep breath*

Onward ho-ho (hehehe, get it? I know, I know, I've got cheesy puns) with the rest of my jumbled thoughts. I think these posts will become a regular thing. xD


In the Christmas spirit, I must share a a video with you all.


It's Tom Hiddleston singing Merry Christmas while holding a dog named Mono.

You're welcome.

Oh, and he does it in a Southern accent.

I am not responsible for any deaths pertaining to sharing this video okay. xD

I am finally on Winter Break, & it feels wonderful to not have school for two weeks.

 Don't get me wrong, I love school, but now it's nice to be able to just have some time off. =)

I wish to get back into writing one of my many stories, and back to downing hot chocolate and hiding in my bed as the fan blows. 

Dub me weird, but there is nothing better than being under the warm covers with a fan cooling the room. 





I have nearly finished Christmas shopping. I need only to pick up one more thing and then I am done.

I'm very happy with what I've done this year. I managed to get things that everybody was hoping for, & I can't wait for the family to open up their gifts.



My mom has recently begun taunting me with things to come when we open our presents. She giggles and goes,"Oh, there's some good stuff!" That partially scares me. xD

It's odd, because even though I managed to put together a wish-list for the holiday season, I have no idea what to expect as far as presents go. I didn't put anything tremendous on my list... mainly because I'm a wreck when it comes to piecing together things I've been wishing for. Things always seem to leave my mind when I sit down and try to recollect everything I've seen/like.


Truthfully, I'd be perfectly content with just being able to go see BoFA again. 

I think I was gasping too much to fully take everything in the first time. :P xD


I was just thinking of my Christmas To-Do List I did, and I realized I did most everything on it. We still haven't made Christmas cookies (WE WILL DO IT EVEN IF IT KILLS US OKAY.) or gone to see one of those synchronized light houses. 

I'm sure we will, since my dad is now off of work for the holiday week. =)


 I've also decided what I'm doing for the Christmas email, as well as figuring out that I will indeed be able to follow through with my Christmas gift to my followers on AGITS. 

And that makes me happy. ^_^

I keep smiling as I think about the Christmas email; it'll be nerdy, & geeky, but still in a Holiday sort of way. I think you guys will love it. 



Sorry for this being a short post, I didn't have much I wanted to write about. :3

I don't know if I'll post again before Christmas Eve/Christmas, so if I don't, I just want you all to know that I'm wishing you the very best of Holidays spent with your families. I'll probably do a quick Merry Christmas post on Thursday, but I doubt many people will see it. We should all be off gallivanting with our families on that joyous day. =)

Merry Christmas. 

Happy Hanukkah.

Happy Kwanzaa. 

Feliz Navidad. 

And whatever else one could possibly say to express:

Have a very happy holiday. 

<3


~Adi, The Halfling Writer

Comments

  1. This wasn't a short post at all! lol And yes, I know what you mean about the Christmas lists.
    Happy holidays to you too! Love your blog!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you didn't think so. xD
      Happy holiday to you dear! Thank you. <3
      ~Adi

      Delete
  2. I agree Adi! People don't really seem to remember what Christmas is really about. I usually don't even make Christmas lists 'cause I never know what I want!!! xD Ooh yes... I can't wait to see my family's faces when they see what they get!! June in particular because I know she will freak! xD
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you too Adi! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. <3
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
    2. No, they don't seem to remember. It's sad. :(
      Haha, same here! It's always a strenuous thing for me to do. xD
      Oooh, I'd love to hear what June gets after Christmas! I'm sure she'll love it.
      Merry Christmas to you, dear! I'll be sure too! <3
      ~Adi

      Delete
  3. Oh, I bet I can handle Tom Hiddleston singing in a Southern accent whilst also holding a puppy.
    *clicks play*
    I IMMEDIATELY REGRET THIS DECISION
    THE CUTENESS IS TOO MUCH
    ABORT MISSION, ABORT MISSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND I REGRET NOTHING FOR POSTING IT.
      BUT HE'S SO CUTE AND THE DOG AND I CAN'T.
      ~Adi

      Delete
    2. ADORABLENESS ALERTTTTT *WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP*

      Delete
    3. *wailing* EVIE CAN YOU HEAR ME. ARE YOU OKAY? DO YOU NEED AN AMBULANCE. xD
      ~Adi

      Delete
    4. HEY, JUST TO ADD TO OUR INSANITY IMAGINE IF - SOMEHOW - TOM HIDDLESTON FOUND OUR REACTIONS TO THIS?
      DO WITH THAT WHAT YOU WILL.
      *thud, followed by faint squeaking*

      Delete
    5. OLIVIA I'M BLAMING YOU FOR WHY I'M GIGGLING AND DYING.
      ~Adi

      Delete
    6. *Comes too* Where am I? ADI!!!!!!!! :D *sees olivia's comment* SNORRRRRT OH GOSH I DONT KNOW WHY IM LAUGHING SO HARD.

      SOMEONE HELP

      Delete
  4. I blow my fan in the winter too. Which sometimes is actually I have to do because it can still be 85 degrees here in the winter. And CHRISTMAS COOKIES ADI. I HAVE A RECIPE THAT'S SUPER FREAKIN DELICIOUS AND I'LL EMAIL IT TO YOU IF YOU FEEL IT WOULD BOOST YOUR FAMILY'S COOKIE METER.
    And I agree that people really focus to much on the gifts. I can't wait to see my family's faces though, they are going to love their presents! Did you know candy is a dollar at Target? Super handy.
    Feliz navidad and happy Kwaanza (how do you spell that anyway?)
    '

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone, although I live in a place that actually gets fairly cold in the winter. xD
      Ooh, I'd love to see the recipe. You can email me at agintheshire@gmail.com or shoot me a message through the contact form. =)
      Indeed they do. It's said. I wish people could realize that family is so more important.
      Is it really only a dollar? That's great info, thanks Leah. xD
      I believe it's Kwanzaa... Idk, that's the only way that I know how to do it without google spellcheck yelling at me. xD
      ~Adi

      Delete
    2. I'll totally send it to you!

      Delete
  5. This post was beautiful Adi.
    You ever need help with a Christmas list, here it is:
    Tom,Adam,Martin,Lee, and Evangelina all sitting in your Living room having a Christmas party. xD
    I nailed it man! (Or did I leave someone out??)xD
    Merry Christmas Adi! Hope you have a wonderful Holiday!<3
    ~Rylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Rylee. <3
      Haha, I think you got everybody except Orlando. ;)
      Merry Christmas Rylee! Hope you have a wonderful holiday as well! ^_^
      ~Adi

      Delete
    2. Oh I forgot, Luke, Orlando and Richard!xD

      Delete
    3. Oooh yes. Luke & Richard. <3
      ~Adi

      Delete

Post a Comment