My Room (Holiday Edition)



THIS IS SO LATE AND I'M SO SORRY BUT I HAVE A LEGITMATE REASON FOR ONCE AS TO WHY.
We like JUST brought in the Christmas stuff; way later than I had thought we would so I really apologize for that.
Take a Hiddles; I know you want one.


And if you don't well... just go watch a few interview vids with him; you'll love him soon enough. 


ONWARD HO WITH CHRISTMAS DECORATION FUN-TIME.

~

Yes I have a Gandalf Christmas banner above my door.



Don't deny that you love it. 

I know you do. xD

Anyways. Wanted to share that first. 
So for this Holiday post, I'll be showing you how I decorate my room for the holidays. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. =)

I'll be honest though.

This is the first year I've actually gotten off of my butt and done stuff to my room. 

Usually for the holidays there's like one random item out and that's about it.

NOT THIS TIME. 

THIS TIME I BROUGHT UP THE MARTHA STEWART WEBSITE (that site is mind boggling please don't go on it and get sucked into the void) MADE A FEW THINGS WITH PAPER AND LOVELY CHRISTMAS COLORED DUCT TAPE AND SLAPPED IT UP IN MY ROOM.

AND THEN I RIFLED THROUGH OUR OWN CHRISTMAS STUFF AND DECORATED WITH THAT.

POINT ADI.

...

Idk what's wrong with me okay. 

I should really be tested for insanity. xD


This is the left side of my room & The Wall. 


I had picked up some Holiday duct tape at our local Walmart, and I used about half of it to decorate my bulletin board. xD


It looks really cool when my window is open; the sunlight makes it glint. 


I made quite a few paper snowflakes and stuck them up with the red tape. It looks pretty but it's slightly annoying at night when they flap because I have my fan on. 
(Yes I know it's winter but I always sleep with a fan on. Don't judge. xD)



My mom let me take this cute little, plush garland. She warned me that it wouldn't hang because one of the loops on the mittens was broken but I of course just shoved the mittens on the edge. Who needs loops? xD



And of course I've brought out all my Christmas music. Christmas music is literally the easiest thing to play; such a fun thing to do during the Holidays. 


This is the top of one of my bookshelves. I had a bit too much fun decorating this. xD


I rifled through our regular decorations and carted all the plush figures to my room. 
I'm a sucker for stuffed animals. xD


Isn't he cute?! ^-^


I also made off with the little Santa statue. I think there's a matching one but I could be wrong... xD


Leggy's got a scarf...


And Gandy's got a hat...


You don't understand how badly my mum laughed at this. I had this crochet bow that I'd won in a contest and I was never going to wear it so... to Smeagol/Gollum it went. xD


On my other bookstand I've got a little sock snowman, and my Holiday tape that I'll be using for wrapping presents. I think it'll add a nice touch this year. =)


I have a netting that drapes over my bed to give a kind of whimsical feel to everything and I stuck the little poinsettias through the small holes in the netting.  


I've stuck a wreath on moi door...


And a spare stocking on my door handle. 


I think everything turned out really cute for my first year decorating my room. The Gandalf banner is probably my favorite thing... xD 
Let me know below what your favorite thing was... I may do a tutorial on how to do the Christmas banner like mine. =)


Also:
THE HOBBIT PREMIERE WAS YESTERDAY AND DEAR LORD IT WAS SO PERFECT. THE CAST WAS ALL AMAZING AND JUST GAH. 
The video is still up if you'd like to watch it; it's like a 2 hour premiere but it's totally worth watching it if you have the time. =)
My mom joined Twitter just to get me the pictures above; if you tweeted #OneLastTime followed by the character you wanted you could get a personalized signed picture. Pretty cool but we were a wreck trying to figure out what to do. We're not really Twitter people. xD




Have a lovely day everybody. More Christmas posts coming; We're getting our tree tomorrow. =D

~Adi, The Halfling Writer









Comments

  1. My goodness Adi, your room look fabulous!
    Ok *cough cough* dear Adi, I am going to be your doctor today to test if your "sane". *Checks your mind* Well, everything seems to be alright....O wait, what is this?? Oh, never mind. Your perfectly normal.
    Hehe
    Wow, Legolas looks ADORABLE with that hat on! (Gandalf dose too!)
    GUH!!! I would have totally tweeted to get those pictures but I don't have twitter. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH;(
    Well, at least I got to watch it right?

    You did a great job decorating girl!
    ~Rylee<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dr. Rylee am I really sane? Am I really, truly, utterly sane? xD
      Oh doesn't he?! xD
      I wouldn't have been able to get them if I hadn't badgered my mum to get an account so we could do it. xD
      Watching it was amazing; the cast was the best. ^_^
      And thanks, dear!
      ~Adi

      Delete
    2. Yes, Adi, You are Really,Truly, Utterly sane. (Yikes, Dr. Rylee sounds a little...funny...)
      Haha yep!
      It was really fun to watch! Your very welcome Adi! xD
      ~Rylee<3

      Delete
  2. Gahh! Those pics of The Hobbit cast made my day!!! Lol, and the Christmas Gandalf banner was great. (-; So, believe it or not, I've never seen any of The Hobbit movie premiers, and I really have to go look up this one now! Is it super duper awesome? And wait, did you really get signed pictures of the actors!?!?
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad. =)
      Haha, thanks. :3
      You should! The link to the Desolation of Smaug one is here: http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/12/02/83708-join-us-to-watch-the-world-premiere-event-for-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug/
      And the BOFA one here: https://www.warnerbros.co.uk/insider/articles/2014/november/watch-the-world-premiere-of-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-live-from-the-green-carpet
      They're uber fun to watch, for me at least, and the cast is always amusing. =)
      No, it's not signed by them in actuality, but through Twitter you could request the pictures personalized with your name at the top. Still pretty cool... even though they're not actually signed. xD
      ~Adi

      Delete
  3. I love the decorations. : ) My faves have to be the POPS! dressed up.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is so cute! Gotta love Martha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire! And yes, gotta love Martha and her crafts.
      ~Adi

      Delete
  5. That's so cool that you decorate your room! Our room is too dang crowded for that. Maybe when I move downstairs I'll decorate...? I dunno maybe :) YOUR MUSIC STAND IS PINK???? OH MY GOODNESS IT IS AMAZING. Mine is like wrought iron, but I'm too tall for it xD I love the little wall decorations, and that tape is just perfect!! Great job Adi!
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Ginny. =)
      You should when you move rooms. It's quite fun to decorate it.
      YES. I LOVE IT. It was a Christmas present last year after I had seen it in our local music store. It folds up really small and is portable and just... perfect. xD
      Thanks Ginny, dear! ^_^
      ~Adi

      Delete
  6. Adiiiii you inspired me and now my room is a mystical Christmas wonderland. Well actually I put out a little tree and string lights around but yknow it's a start.
    And Christnas music is totally the easiest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sees this geek-mazing post*
    *realizes that I have yet to finish the paper snowflakes that are lying on the kitchen table*
    *frantic scrambling noises*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment