Christmas To-Do List


I found the above image while I was going through Google trying to find suitable pictures for my blog design. 

I don't know about you, but as soon as I saw this my brain instantly flooded with everything I need/want to do this holiday season.

I thought it'd be amusing to share a few of the things I have to do... and maybe remind somebody who is as forgetful as me about things. xD


1. Gift Shopping
Okay so this is kind of one of those things that you can't really forget about, but it's something I need to still do. It's always been a thing in my family where you get your parents and grandparents something, no matter how young/old you are. In the years when I was younger I made things for everybody, because y'know... no 5 year old is going to be save money specifically for Christmas gift shopping. xD 

My mom is seriously easy to shop for, she gives a wonderful list with lots of options and then you can go from there.

My dad and grandma... well, trying to get them to tell you something they want is like trying to pull teeth. Usually my grandma can come up with something she'd like, but my dad is a hopeless case. I usually just go to Mom for ideas. xD


2. Take Christmas Pictures

This is the year where I've really gotten into photography and I can't wait to take pictures of our tree. (The above one is my grandma's.) Christmas bokeh is always so pretty and I'm just super excited for taking pictures. I can't imagine forgetting about doing this but... stranger things have happened. xD

3.  Send Out A Merry Christmas Email
So last year, Kels and I would send these super cute emails to all of our friends during the Holidays. We'd use gifs themed for whatever holiday it was and do amusing little "poems." 

They were really fun to do & I'd love to do it again this year with some of my Blogger friends.

4. Make Christmas Cookies
So usually we do make Christmas cookies each year but I know for sure that we didn't last year... and I can't recall if we ended up running out of time to do it the year before...

Either way, I'm determined to nag the family this year all throughout December until those cookies are in the oven baking. xD 

5. Go See One of Those "Special" Christmas Houses
Last year my family took a drive around to go see the Christmas lights on houses, and we found a really amazing house that had this flashing display. As we were sitting watching it, my mom noticed a sign in the home window that said,"Tune to *insert radio station here*" 

We did, and immediately the whole experience was amazing. The flashing of the lights was set to the Christmas music and it was such a cool thing. 

This year I'd love to go see another of those houses and take pictures and video of it. =)

6. Get More Than Three Christmas Posts Up
Pretty self-explanatory. xD

7.  Give My Followers A Christmas Gift
I have an idea for something I'd like to do over on AG In the Shire but I don't know if I'll be able to do it. It's nothing physical, but rather something for you all to read... I'm still trying to figure out if I'll be able to do it. We'll just have to wait and see. ;)



So that's my to-do list for the Holiday season. 

Is there anything on my list that you guys need to do as well? Or do you have completely different things that you'd like to get done this month? 

Let me know below; I'd love to know. =)

~Adi, The Halfling Writer

Comments

  1. Yikes, I need to go christmas shopping too! I have a lot of people to buy gifts for...xD
    Oh, last year we went to a christmas house too! I LOVE Christmas lights so much. Ugh, My house if going to be killed with Christmas lights when I move out. Hehe.xD
    ~Rylee<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost done Christmas shopping now... Still have to work out a present for my dad though. xD
      Christmas lights are just so amazing, aren't they?! ^_^
      Haha, same here. =)
      ~Adi

      Delete
  2. Ooooooh lovely lovely lovely!!1 :D Great Idea that christmas email.. hmm might borrow and credit you of course! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evie! ^_^
      Ah of course you can do one as well. I'll be sending my Christmas email to you, among others. =)
      ~Adi

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Me and my family get hot chocolate, hop in the car with our PJs on (not my dad) and go for a ride around near by neighborhoods and look at all of the pretty/funny/CRAZY christmas lights :-) We used to live near developments so it was easy to do that but I don't know what we are going to do this year being 30 minutes from ANY development :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that sounds like a bunch of fun. Hot chocolate & Christmas lights are such a great combination. ^_^
      That stinks being so far away from others, but I hope you'll still be able to go see some lights. =)
      ~Adi

      Delete
  4. Okay, this post is actually super helpful for the holidays and I think I'm going to come back to it routinely, because goodness knows I can barely make/follow my own lists. xD
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad it's helpful to you Olivia. xD
      And you're certainly not alone in being unable to follow your own lists. xD
      ~Adi

      Delete

Post a Comment